NikNik's Avatar Addict With A Pen
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Daddies Little Girl

I saw my father today, the first time in weeks...
    The entire time we were together (4.5 hours) we had NOTHING to talk about.
    Btw we never talk on the phone and when we do... it's a 2 minute conversation, so you would think there would be TONS to talk about, huh? Well incorrect I was!! He kept asking if I was okay and I just replied with a 'yes'. Then this rush of guilt swam through my body. I felt so much pressure to start a conversation ... that when no words came out of my mouth ... I felt like I let him down.. Errrr Oh well
    Anyone have some conversation topic ideas (for a daughter and father) for next time??
    Hook a peep out!

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If you're uncomfortable with bringing up topics of discussion on your own, then maybe you can just try dropping hints as to what you might be interested in talking about and hope he picks up on it. As for topics: the general state of your life, school, work, relationships (although I suppose that could potentially get awkward), hobbies, etc. Simple stuff, but something to talk about nonetheless.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.