Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Finally had enough. Merry effing Christmas

Well, I've left my home. I have been abused for far too long and have finally escaped my abuser. I wish it was not on Christmas, not on my special day, and not the way it happened. I wonder now why I stayed so long. They've always made a point of treating me like I'm nothing. A wet paper towel gets more respect and kindness than I do.

I hurt so badly. This day that is meant to be enjoyed by everyone has been tarnished. I know I will have to move on. This will be one of the hardest things I'll ever have to do. I'll never let anyone get as close as they did, because now I can't trust anyone with my emotions and my psychological well being.

Merry fucking Christmas,
    May you never feel the way I do. My advice for anyone reading: if you're being abused, no matter in what way, get the [BEEP] out of there before it's too late.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote missre View Post
    Well, I've left my home. I have been abused for far too long and have finally escaped my abuser. I wish it was not on Christmas, not on my special day, and not the way it happened. I wonder now why I stayed so long. They've always made a point of treating me like I'm nothing. A wet paper towel gets more respect and kindness than I do.

I hurt so badly. This day that is meant to be enjoyed by everyone has been tarnished. I know I will have to move on. This will be one of the hardest things I'll ever have to do. I'll never let anyone get as close as they did, because now I can't trust anyone with my emotions and my psychological well being.

Merry fucking Christmas,
    May you never feel the way I do. My advice for anyone reading: if you're being abused, no matter in what way, get the [BEEP] out of there before it's too late.
    I'll be honest, I've never been through anything like that and I don't know what's like, but I'm sorry this has happened to you, and I hope get better for you in the future, whatever you decide to do and wherever you end up. Look after yourself for a while, keep well and look to the future.

Do you have somewhere to stay tonight at least? I know there's not much we can do on the internet, but still.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Better late than never when it comes to getting out of an abusive situation, good on you for being able to gather up the courage to say enough is enough and get out of there. I hope you have somewhere safer to stay in the meantime or that you have enough resources to get yourself resettled immediately.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    glad your safe, you must be a very strong person (hug), you have my sincerest hope and wishes that 2014 will be a much better year for you (hug)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote missre View Post

Merry fucking Christmas,
    I'm sorry you've been going through so much at home. But I am happy you left. It sucks that it just had to be on Christmas Day, but at the same time... you can probably view this day as a special day of your own as well.. where you finally escaped whatever pain you went through with the abuser.

I hope things gradually work out after this. It may not be right away right now, but it will eventually.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote missre View Post

Merry fucking Christmas,
    I'm really sorry to hear this... tbh, I think I'm going thru a somewhat similar situation with someone I love. I'm thinking of having to call it quits with them because it is feeling more and more like they are holding very little regard for me, my feelings or anything.
    So yeah...I hope very much that things get better for ya.
    Don't lose trust in people, that wont help anything cept make ya miss opportunities. Be vigilant!

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    I hope your feeling better.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.