Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    TheDarkness's Avatar Sarcasm Inc
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As somewhat of a bystander, even I agree that SAS is terrible. Its one of the worse sites ive ever tried out, and if this is how they run the place, I doubt it will ever change. In fact, I believe its just a matter of time before someone really gets hurt over there. However. There is one thing I don`t understand. How come is that dreadful place is even mentioned here? I mean, yeah, the good people should unite under one roof. No doubt about it. But if so many people came here from SAS, its only a matter of times before the trolls start kicking in here as well. I mean, logically, they are aware of this place. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if many of them are already here, and have been here from the get go. You know, lurking in the shadows and stocking up on intel to share with their trolling buddies over at SAS. I would never point my finger at anyone this openly as it is distasteful, but I think that as this site grows, at some point the trolls will in fact come here openly. I mean, right now a troll is not likely to BS people here in an obvious way because they know their gonna get their asses handed to them quickly. Even the dumbest of trolls wouldn't make a lot of noise in a place that openly disses SAS. But, all and all, they know you, and you know them. I.. remember that when I was at SAS, at least ten trolls jumped on me (two of which were "mods"/privileged member), and over the dumbest shit. Not that they were particularly cleaver or anything, but they were in fact rather persistent in spreading their BS and getting other idiots to join them. Such are some of the darker ways of the net.

What i`m trying to say is... idiots are bound to do something stupid. Its all a matter of how, and when. Though I hope that SAS eventually gets destroyed or runs outta doe before that. I may not have been too active lately, but when I am here, I am in fact rather enjoying this place

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What's a troll? Is it someone who says something to get a reaction?
    I don't get a signature.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    Why did they target SAS of all places.
    I honestly think it's because a lot of these aspiring pua's actually have SAD and poor success with women. Hence why they are drawn to pua sites in the first place. So when they wanted a place to troll the logical place to go was sas.

Quote Caleb View Post
    What i`m trying to say is... idiots are bound to do something stupid. Its all a matter of how, and when. Though I hope that SAS eventually gets destroyed or runs outta doe before that.
    It's also a matter of having adequate moderation and not letting the site get too huge. SAS is too big for it's own good and is severely undermoderated. That's why it's turned into what it has. Smaller forums are nearly always better because they're more cohesive / there's a sense of unity. Like a town vs a huge city. I think this forum can afford to grow substantially though while still retaining it's community vibe.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    What's a troll? Is it someone who says something to get a reaction?
    Oh I`m not an expert on cyber bullying. But yeah I recon that what your describing would qualify as a troll archetype for many people, as that is a form of verbal harassment.
    Ive seen many trolls often pull out the "freedom of expression card", trying to use that as a means to "justify" mindless cruelty and public humiliation, as well as intellectual mockery.
    Some people buy that excuse, some people don`t. So, all and all, I guess it depends who your asking. Some people will tell you that people should be able to say whatever
    they want at all times, while as others may tell you that a person should be more reserved/respectful in displaying their opinions. People call the ladder on that one.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    It's also a matter of having adequate moderation and not letting the site get too huge. SAS is too big for it's own good and is severely undermoderated. That's why it's turned into what it has. Smaller forums are nearly always better because they're more cohesive / there's a sense of unity. Like a town vs a huge city. I think this forum can afford to grow substantially though while still retaining it's community vibe.
    Adequate moderation? yes. Though, as you said so yourself, one cannot get big, without attracting unwanted attention. No one is impenetrable.
    For now this place is indeed somewhat of a "town". I agree on that entirely. But given the high quality of remembers residing here, not to mention the fantastic jobs done by the mods and admins,
    I believe this can in fact turn into a city on day. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But this place is too good/positive to be kept only among friends and invites. I`m not saying that your wrong.
    This place is wonderful, as well are most of the people in it. But nothing in life ever remains in a constant state of stillness. History shows that peace is not something that survives forever.
    But its all good. It will take a long time before trolls become a problem here. And i`m sure that even if the trolls in SAS ever/somehow declare "war" on this place, their answer will be well met.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think all the cookies were for tracking where we go on the internet etc. Doing market research on mentally ill people or something.

There were advertisements that would "follow me" for in-patient clinics after I used the SAS site.

I agree with the other person who posted here that this site is more of a "town" and SAS is like a huge city.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Misssy View Post
    I think all the cookies were for tracking where we go on the internet etc. Doing market research on mentally ill people or something.

There were advertisements that would "follow me" for in-patient clinics after I used the SAS site.

I agree with the other person who posted here that this site is more of a "town" and SAS is like a huge city.
    Did you use google? Google has something like this that tracks what your searching and gives you ads that are specilized to that. SAS has the google ads installed on it. It did bother me though that was shopping around to try and get my car repaired, and I kept getting car repair ads with places mentioned that were close to where I live.

I don't think Cookies can track. They're files on your computer that allow the website to access information when you log in. EG) If you wanted to stay logged in, there will be a cookie that keeps you logged in. Or another cookie that tells them what your user ID is. The number of cookies they had on my computer though did bug me.

If they were to track what they were doing on the internet, they'd have to have installed some kind of software onto your computer. SAS is virus clean, but if you think there is something on there, it should come up on a virus scan.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Caleb View Post
    Oh I`m not an expert on cyber bullying. But yeah I recon that what your describing would qualify as a troll archetype for many people, as that is a form of verbal harassment.
    Ive seen many trolls often pull out the "freedom of expression card", trying to use that as a means to "justify" mindless cruelty and public humiliation, as well as intellectual mockery.
    Some people buy that excuse, some people don`t. So, all and all, I guess it depends who your asking. Some people will tell you that people should be able to say whatever
    they want at all times, while as others may tell you that a person should be more reserved/respectful in displaying their opinions. People call the ladder on that one.
    Ugh, I have "freedom of speech" and I can say what I like, but there are still certain things that would be stupid to say in certain situations. I can't walk into an airport and say "Bomb", for example. The same is probably true of America. You would most likely get arrested for doing so. It's probably not wise to scream out swear words in a catholic church, it's probably not best to go and tell an ill hospital patient that you wish "they'd hurry up and just die already and stop wasting our taxes." There's manners too. And politeness. That's a biggy, really. We could all say what we wish, but where would that get us in real life? We could loose our jobs if we caused to much of a ruckus in the workplace by insulting everyone. Therefore, I am not for this freedom of speech. Legally, we probably have it, and you could quote this section of the constitution and this law and that law all you want. I don't care. But to be honest, I doubt those laws were made so people could insult one another and say what they will on an internet forum, and not be pinged by a mod for doing so.

I seem to recall agreeing to a terms of service when I signed up for that site as well. Which is what it comes down to. SAS is not a democracy. Technically speaking, neither is this place, or anyplace on the internet, really, and the admins could pretty much ban anyone they want and kick them off for any reason if they so please. Nobody has to be on that site, or on this site, or on any site. I don't think that will happen here, and I have a lot of respect for the admins and mods here, but I doubt the constitution is really going to do much to this place. We all agreed to a terms of service when we signed up here too. I haven't really seen much on here to even compare to some of the BS that goes on on SAS. No gender wars...the most I've seen on here is a introductory post trying to sell me a holiday villa in Portugal.

Quote Caleb View Post
    Adequate moderation? yes. Though, as you said so yourself, one cannot get big, without attracting unwanted attention. No one is impenetrable.
    For now this place is indeed somewhat of a "town". I agree on that entirely. But given the high quality of remembers residing here, not to mention the fantastic jobs done by the mods and admins,
    I believe this can in fact turn into a city on day. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But this place is too good/positive to be kept only among friends and invites. I`m not saying that your wrong.
    This place is wonderful, as well are most of the people in it. But nothing in life ever remains in a constant state of stillness. History shows that peace is not something that survives forever.
    But its all good. It will take a long time before trolls become a problem here. And i`m sure that even if the trolls in SAS ever/somehow declare "war" on this place, their answer will be well met.
    I hope it does survive here. It's true, we're growing, and a lot of us are old SAS'ers that either quit posting there, or post on both places. It was a bit surprising to see that when I came here and ended up seeing about six billion usernames.

I suppose we are a town. A growing town. I hope this doesn't end up being the trolls next targets, or another place for Puahate BS.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote;281261[B
    ]I honestly think it's because a lot of these aspiring pua's actually have SAD and poor success with women.[/B] Hence why they are drawn to pua sites in the first place. So when they wanted a place to troll the logical place to go was sas. .
    This is correct, a lot talk about having some sort of mental illness, actually. Some are just bitter/ hurt. Also, I do know they attack a few male posters for getting attention of female posters. But their main action was to start drama on SAS. They often linked it in their chat rooms or PM's, but they linked/ talked about SAS and how they were fucking with people on their open forums, and asking others to do the same.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    @Otherside, I have an interesting way of dealing with trolls, don't worry

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Dear god.

One thing that always bugged me was the idea that a man automatically has a character flaw simply because he is unattractive to women. A man could be the worst human imaginable but popular to women because of his physical appearance.

You can stop feeling bad about it.
    Most psychologists are incels in denial, so their advice is too much on the pollyanna to be of any use.

"BDD" is nothing more than a money making scam for psychologists (aka professional liars/legal con artists).
    psychology is not a field

its as much a legit science as women studies is
    That site...
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Mate, this is because you go on and on and on, and then name members saying that they're supporting rape-culture or something. I didn't give you a hard time. I said you needed to let it go. That's all.
    I struggled with whether I should name names and I came to the conclusion I should since rape is such a disgusting crime and the rapist and rape apopologist were oblivious to what they had done, so oblivious they were making rape jokes. The stubenville rapists were equally oblivious therefore no one said anything when they were outed for there crimes. I also thought it was the right thing to do because they weren't members of ANxS, therefore; I wasn't violating any board guidelines, and I thought it was the right thing to do becuase I knew other people would be incredulous if I did not include quotes with names.

I also thought naming names was the right thing to do since it gave context to the post in other words naming names was important to the story becuase it showed the consequence of the rapists and the rape apologists belief that men can't be raped by women, and this story indeed showed that men are raped by women and it's happening on that forum and it' such a part of the culture on that forum that it didn't even raise an eye brow-in other words, rape culture.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ventura, woah at that list. I believe more was around sadly deleted now. To insure this site has an inpack on the web make sure you promote it on social networking sites. Email all your friends from SAS, and everyone should try to make a thread or 2 a day. Less SAS talk! More anxiety and off topic talk.

[BEEP] SAS!
    *** I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round. ***

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    id hate this site to turn into clone of sas, i like this site, but if a lot of people join from sas wont it inevitably end up just being the same

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote life View Post
    id hate this site to turn into clone of sas, i like this site, but if a lot of people join from sas wont it inevitably end up just being the same
    Half the problem over there is the admins not logging in/overworked mods. A lot of the admins and mods on here are the old SAS mods (Ventura, Ironman is MM, Amocholes, Neptunus was one...). There wasn't 100% peace on the pre-mod change SAS, but things got locked a lot quicker, you didn't get banned for "site bashing and mod bashing". Maybe the trolls will come over. It's inevitable that they one day will, sadly. But I get the feeling that the mods here will deal with them better.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.