3 for me .
3 for me .
As of Wednesday, 4, plus a psychiatrist.
I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......
2 and a Psychiatrist
"A still more glorious dawn awaits
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way"
"The sky calls to us
If we do not destroy ourselves
We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan
9 therapists, 5 psychiatrists, 7 hospitalizations.....................I'm not proud. In fact, I'm so ashamed of this list that I'm surprised I'm even admitting it.
1) pitted my alters against each other, had me touch her inappropriately, she was part of a commune and I can't begin to tell you how much she screwed me up, then she abandoned me to join a commune on top of a mountain - saw her 3 years
2) saw me one time and told me she couldn't work with me because I "thought" I had DID
3) found him in graduate school - quit on me because one of my alters didn't like his wife - 1 1/2 years
4) saw me for 3 months and thought I was "interesting" because of the DID. I was a lab rat and not a patient - I quit
5) saw me and my ex for 4 months - then quit because "I was too severe for her expertise"
6) saw me and my ex for 3 months - quit because she told my ex that I could not be helped
7) saw me and my ex for 2 sessions - he told me that the only reason I didn't want to have sex with my ex (he was abusive remember) was because I didn't "practice enough." He also said I needed to "get over it."
8. ) started by seeing my son. Then he said he wanted to work with me instead and sent my son to someone else. Then for the next 5 years he wanted intimate details of my sex life, did EMDR so my knee would rub up against his penis, showed my 5 year old alter pictures of penises, and let my 15 year old alter touch his penis. He wasn't helpful to say the least and I reported him to the state board.
9) my present therapist who I have seen now for 7 years. She's a trauma therapist and I am finally getting better. She has also helped me get over the abuse from the other therapists
1) saw him for 10 years and he pumped me full of every kind of medicine on the planet. I only took the med for about a week then would just lie and say I took it. I knew I wasn't schizophrenic, but he thought my alters were visual and auditory hallucinations. He told the therapists that I could never be cured from DID because I couldn't handle my past traumas.
2) saw him for 1 year - he quit because I called his office assistant a bitch
3) saw him for 2 years but never took the medicine.
4) picked her up from a hospitalization - saw her 2 years until she stole 300 dollars from me by not filing a claim form and saying I didn't pay her when I did. I reported her
5) see him off and on for the past 7 years - he's ok and he's good for when I think I need medicine. He has stamina like my present therapist.
1) lost 3 days of time and it seems one of my young children alters ended up there - stayed 7 days
2) overdose - stayed 7 days
3) sleep deprivation psychosis - stayed 7 days
4) day hospital - 4 days self admitted
5) overdose - stayed 2 weeks
6) self admitted - 3 days
7) sleep deprivation psychosis - 7 days
oh wait..............forgot a 3 day stay in a small hick town where I seemed to have gotten lost - so 8 hospitalizations
The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about
^Thats ok Cindy, everybody has their history. I'm glad you reported the inappropriate one, people like that don't belong with patients. I find that a lot of therapists have more mental health problems than the general population. Some kooks should not even be practicing.
I seen 5 psychologists, 3 psychiatrists. It was hard to find a good match for me. My current therapist I've seen for 5 years. She's saved my life and turned it around.
About 3. And 1 psychiatrist. None of them helped much.
I've said this before, I have seen 10, starting when I was in 5th grade.
Started with college counsellor
some relaxation therapy
New college counsellor
Now I have pep talk with myself.
None. Primarily because I can't afford to see anyone, but also because I'm pessimistic and figure I'm more likely to get somebody who just immediately tries to shove pills down my throat than someone who really tries to help me explore and try to deal with my problems.
“Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin
Flarapist snarapist airapist baerpist hairropust nairapist pairapist rareapist tearopist
As of now I'm on unlucky number 13 (if I can remember correctly), I'm not sure if this one is actively harmful, but I'm just as hopeless as ever.
*counts on fingers* 5. The last 2 being the best, especially the last therapist.
Four. And I'm on my third psychiatrist. The first therapists I had worked with me when I was very, very young and told me that I was probably autistic. I was extremely shy when I was a little kid and I refused to talk to them so neither of them really understood me or were able to get much out of me. My first psychiatrist was terrifying and I used to leave his office in tears.
My third therapist (the one I had in high school) was an awful person and she trained my parents to use a punishment/reward system with me that was... well... almost entirely punishment-based. She always made me feel like I had done something wrong or that I was in trouble. She also made me feel really, really bad about myself for having tried to commit suicide. She literally said that I was a weak person and that she thought I wanted to be unhappy and that I was self-perpetuating my own misery. I also don't think she thought I was very bright. SHE wasn't very bright... >.>
The psychiatrist I had in high school was creepy and had a foreign accent which made me uncomfortable for some reason. He was really old too.
The therapist and psychiatrist I have now are really great. I trust them more than I trust my own parents and they keep everything confidential (which my last therapist didn't do, that woman told my mother EVERYTHING). They've helped me to get on the right meds and my therapist works on DBT skills with me, which are probably saving my life. So right now I'm pretty happy and grateful, as far as therapy is concerned.
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
They were counsellors, and only two (one visit each)- I was heavily pressured into attending and never went back until I was pressured again.
2 both great but sooooo expensive so couldn't continue. I don't think they helped me with my overriding issue but they had so much wisdom and compassion it was just nice to be around them.